From the main menu Time Tracking. There are 2 grids
1- My Time Logs: This is by default the grid that filters the Time Logs that are related to the logged in App4Legal User.
2- All Time Logs: This is by default the grid that centralizes all Time Logs that are related to all App4Legal Users.
Add/Edit a Time LogThere are many ways that a Time Log can be added.
- Time Tracking grid
Either from My Time Logs or All Time Log grids, using the Actions button-> Log Time.
Manage Timer: Add the Task or Case that you wish to Log Time on. Once the Timer is stopped, the system will automatically relate the Time Log to the Task or Case.
Log Time on a Case: Through the Time Tracking grid using the Actions button-> Log Time. Choose Case. Log Time on a Case could be done from the Time Tracking grid, from the Related Time Logs tab within a Case form or from the action wheel next to the Case in the grid.
- Time Tracking in the Money module: In the Money module that is the work space of the Accountant, there is a possibility to Edit a Time Log. An Accountant would be mostly interested in specifying the Status for billing. This will be discussed in later bullets.
A Time Log form has important fields such as:
- User: By default it is the Logged in App4Legal User. However, the User can be changed such that a Time Log can be added on behalf of another user.
- Case/Task: The Case and/or Task that the Time is logged on. If a Case is chose, then the look up of Tasks will only check Tasks that are related to the Case.
- Time Type: A defined list that is managed from the Admin & Setup or on the fly.
- Eff. Effort: Time logged in hours. If using the Manage Timer, the system will automatically calculate the Time in hours.
- Comments: Description of the Time Log.
- Billable/Internal: If the Time Log is Billable, then it will appear in the Invoicing module.
In order to edit a Time Log entry, click on the action wheel next to the Time Log on the grid and choose View/Edit.
Delete a Time LogIn order to delete a Time Log entry, click on the action wheel next to the Time Log on the grid and choose Delete.
Add Configurations on the flyAll drop-down lists in App4Legal are configurable through the Admin & Setup. Luckily, some configurations can be configured on the fly. For instance, in the Log Time form, a user is adding data and wants to have a new Time Type swiftly. There is a blue plus sign that can assist the user to add a new value to the Time Type drop-down list on the fly.
Time Logs in an InvoiceIf the Time Log is Billable, then it will appear in the Invoicing module. For more information about Invoices, check the Manage Invoices page. The Description of the Invoice Item that is related to a Time Log will appear as the name of the User who logged the Time Log and the Description is the Time Type (if chosen) concatenated with the Comments field.
Using Advanced Search, you can run your search on a specific field from the Time Log form. You'll have the possibility also to modify the operator of search for each field (i.e. equal, begins with, contains, >, <, and more). the Advanced Search menu is hidden by default; you need to click on the link Advanced Search to unhide it.
The Time Tracking grid can be exported to an excel sheet at any moment via the Actions button on the grid-> Export to Excel. Also, search results can be exported to an excel sheet separately.