- From the Quick Add
- Time Tracking grid
Either from My Time Logs or All Time Log grids, using the Actions button-> Log Time.
Manage Timer: Add the Task or Case that you wish to Log Time on. Once the Timer is stopped, the system will automatically relate the Time Log to the Task or Case.
Log Time on a Case: Through the Time Tracking grid using the Actions button-> Log Time. Choose Case. Log Time on a Case could be done from the Time Tracking grid, from the Related Time Logs tab within a Case form or from the action wheel next to the Case in the grid.
Log Time on a Task: Through the Time Tracking grid using the Actions button-> Log Time. Choose Task. Log Time on a Task could be done from the Time Tracking grid or from the action wheel next to the Task in the grid.
- Time Tracking in the Money module: In the Money module that is the work space of the Accountant, there is a possibility to Edit a Time Log. An Accountant would be mostly interested in specifying the Status for billing. This will be discussed in later bullets.
A Time Log form has important fields such as:
- User: By default it is the Logged in App4Legal User. However, the User can be changed such that a Time Log can be added on behalf of another user.
- Case/Task: The Case and/or Task that the Time is logged on. If a Case is chose, then the look up of Tasks will only check Tasks that are related to the Case.
- Billable/Internal: If the Time Log is Billable, then it will appear in the Invoicing module. If Billable is chosen, the system will fetch the client at the Case level. If there is no Client at the Case level, then the client inserted at the Time Log shall be injected into the Case automatically.
- Time TypeSpent on: A defined list that is managed from the Admin & Setup or on the fly.
- Eff. Effort: Time logged in hours. If using the Manage Timer, the system will automatically calculate the Time in hours.
- Comments: Description of the Time Log.
- Billable/Internal: If the Time Log is Billable, then it will appear in the Invoicing module.
In order to edit a Time Log entry, click on the action wheel next to the Time Log on the grid and choose View/Edit.
Delete a Time LogIn order to delete a Time Log entry, click on the action wheel next to the Time Log on the grid and choose Delete.
Add Configurations on the flyAll drop-down lists in App4Legal are configurable through the Admin & Setup. Luckily, some configurations can be configured on the fly. For instance, in the Log Time form, a user is adding data and wants to have a new Time Type Spent on entry swiftly. There is a blue plus sign that can assist the user to add a new value to the Time Type dropthe Time Spent on drop-down list on the fly.