How to access?
In the main menu, open the Money module and then go to Accountant drop-down list -> Settings or directly from the Money Dashboard.
The Settings page:
- Setup Entities:
Entities in App4Legal have independent money transactions. They could perfectly reflect branches of a firm. Every Entity has its own Name, Base Currency. Entities can be managed from the Money Settings.
Go to Money module -> Settings -> Setup Entities.
The user can Add a new Entity, Edit an Entity or Deactivate an Entity. To Deactivate any Entity, the user should switch to another Entity and deactivate the old one.
The Entity Add form has a lot of important fields such as:
- Entity Name
- Menu Color
- Fiscal Year
- Address of the firm: It appears in the export of Invoices
- INV Prefix Number: It's the Prefix that appears in an Invoice ID.
- Exchange Rates
- Default User Rates
- Related User Groups in User Rates grid
- Activation of Partner Shares and if Yes the related Account to Shares of Partners
- Import of Settings from old Entities
Users can switch Entities from the drop-down list on the top left of the Money menu:
- Import Entity Settings:
Entity Settings can be imported from one Entity to another. Go to Money module -> Settings -> Entities Section, choose Import Entity Settings.
Settings that can be imported are:
- Invoice Taxes
- Bill Taxes
- Expense Categories
- Invoice Templates
The user can access it from the Money module -> Settings -> Setup Invoices.
The Setup of Invoices is structured as below:
- Taxes: If Taxes are activated in the Default Values, then the Taxes field will appear. Taxes can be managed from the Money Settings. To add a Tax value you need to insert the Tax Name, Percentage, Related Account and Description. These Taxes appear in the Invoice form.
- Discounts: If Discounts are activated in the Default Values, then the Discounts field will appear. Discounts can be managed from the Money Settings. To add a Discount value you need to insert the Discount Name, Percentage, and Description.
- Terms: Terms are found in the Invoice form. They can be managed from the Money Settings.
- Items: Items can be added to an Invoice. Items are managed from the Money Settings. To add an Item, you need to insert Name and the Related Account fields are mandatory, Unit Price, Tax and more. Unit Prices can be edited at the Invoice level. Items can be nested under a main Item. This will appear in the Sub-Item.
- Invoice Templates: Invoice Templates are managed from the Money Settings. They are used in the exported form of the Invoice. A Template has a name, firm's logo and a header
A Template is specific for every Entity. An Entity can hold several Invoice Templates.
- Invoice Notes: Invoice Notes can be managed from the Money Settings. An Invoice Note has a name and a Text. It is used to be inserted swiftly at the level of the Invoice. It appears in the Invoice Exported form.
- Expense Categories: The list of Expenses Categories that appears in the Expense form can be configured and managed. Once an Expense Category is added it can't be deleted. An Expense Category has a Name, a Related Expense Account and optionally it can be Nested under a main Category such that it appears as a Sub-category.
The system will automatically filter on the Accounts of type Expense in order to relate it to an Expense Category.
- Petty Cash to User mapping: It is a report that shows every User and what accounts is he/she allowed to see. The report also allows editing the Allowed Accounts.
- Setup & Configuration
- Activate Discounts
- Activate Taxes
- Invoice Items
- Invoice Language: Labels in an Invoice can be edited to any other desired terms.
- Module Languages: It's where the user chooses the default Languages.
- Money Currency: It's where the User selects the allowed Currencies in all the Money Module.
- User Rates: Default User Rate can be set. Also the Related User Groups that appear in the User Rate per Hour grid are set.
- User Rate per Hour
It is a grid that displays all the user of the Related User Groups that are set in the Default Values in the Money Setting.
Rates can be directly edited on the grid. The user has to click on the Rate Per Hour cell and directly insert the value. The grid is equipped with the Advanced Search. If no rate is set in this grid, the system will use the Default User Rate. If no User Rate is set, then at the Invoice level the Rate can be inserted.
Any regular Rate can be edited at the Invoice level. The Rates in the User Rate Per Hour grid will be overcame is there are Rates set in the Specific User Rate in the Time Log tab in the Matter form.
- Default Exchange Rate: Currencies that are defaulted in the Default Values will appear. The Exchange Rate will typically display the Entity Currency with other defined Currencies.
- Time Tracking Sales Account
- Invoice Number Prefix
- Set Prefix for Account Types
- Trust Account
- Activate Partners Commissions Tools: Activation
- Partners Expenses Account : Set the Related Account
- Taxes: If Taxes are activated in the Default Values, then the Taxes field will appear. Taxes can be managed from the Money Settings. To add a Tax value you need to insert the Tax Name, Percentage, Related Account and Description. These Taxes appear in the Bill form.
This page has no comments.