- How to access it?
- Record an Expense
- View/Edit an Expense
- Manage Related Documents
- Change Billing Status
- Delete an Expense
- Expenses in an Invoice
- Search for an Expense
- Export to Excel
How to access it?
From the Main menu of Money module, go to the Expenses tab then select View All or from the Money Dashboard.
Record an Expense
- User can Record an Expense in several ways: From the main menu of the Money module, the user can click on the Expenses drop-down list then select Record an Expense.
- From the grid directly, the user can use the Tools button-> Record an Expense.
- From Related Expenses tab in a Matter form, the user can use the Actions button-> Record an Expense.
- From the Quick Add drop-down list, Choose Record Expense.
An Expense form has many important fields such as
- Expense Category: Categories are defaulted in the Money Settings. Visit the Money Settings page for more info.
- Payment Method: The method determines the types of accounts that appear accordingly:
- Cash: Cash Accounts
- Credit Card: Liability of type Credit Card Accounts
- Cheque & Bank: Bank Accounts
- Online payment: Bank Accounts and Credit Card Accounts
- Other: Cash, Bank and Credit Card Accounts
- Paid Through Account: The Account that appears as per the Payment Method. Accounts can be added on the fly via the Add hyperlink. The Add form will provide user the possibility to add Accounts of type Cash, Bank and Credit Card using this link.
- Balance: After choosing the Paid Through Account, the system will automatically display the Balance of the Account for information.
- Exchange Rate: Exchange Rates are defaulted in the Money Settings. Visit the Money Settings page for more info. Also Exchange Rates can be edited at the level of the Expense. Exchange Rates will be used only in case the Paid Through Account's currency is different than that of the Entity.
- Paid On
- Inclusive Tax: Values are defaulted in the Money Settings. Visit the Money Settings page for more info.
- Supplier: Looks up from the list of Suppliers
- Related Matter: If Expenses are Recorded directly from the Related Expenses tab in a Case form, then the Case comes selected by default. There is also a goto hyperlink that redirects the user to the Case form.
- Client: Client on the matter.
- You can choose if Internal or Client. When the Client is chosen, it could then be either Billable or Non-Billable
- Upload Document: Any attachment related to the Expense such as vouchers or similar. The Attachment can then be tracked in the Related Documents tab of the Expense.
After adding an Expense, the related Expense Account to this Category will be debited. This can be witnessed in the Chart of Accounts, next to the Expense Account, using the action wheel choose Zoom in. For more information visit the Chart of Accounts page.
View/Edit an Expense
From the main menu of the Money module, the user can click on Expenses drop-down list then select View All.
From the "Action Wheel" on the Expense on the grid, choose View/Edit. Or also from the grid, the user can click on the Expense ID hyperlink.
Manage Related Documents
Once the Expense is added, uploaded documents are managed in the Related Documents tab.
Also Documents can be managed at any time.
Back to Top
Change Billing Status
In general the Expense can be Internal, Billable or Non-Billable, i.e.:
- Internal: this type of Expense is to be financed by the firm itself.
- Billable Expenses: The Expenses that the firm incurs in favor of working on a Case or any other business need. These Expenses will be billed to the corresponding Client. These Expenses may also appear in the Invoice.
- Non-Billable: The Expenses that will not be billed on a Client.
The Expense Status can be either:
- Not-Set: neither Internal nor billed to a Client. This is the default Status of an Expense. These Expenses appear in the Invoice and change their statuses accordingly.
- To Invoice: this Expense Status is for Expenses that are added to an Invoice, but the Invoice is not yet paid by the Client.
- Invoiced: this Expense Status is for Expenses that are added to an Invoice and the Invoice is paid by the Client.
From the "Action wheel" on the grid, the user can change the Status of the Expense. However, once the Status is changed to Invoiced, the user cannot change it anymore. Changes can be made only if the Expense Status is Not-Set or To Invoice.
- The Billing Status is reflected on the grid as shown below:
- Back to Top
Delete an Expense
From the "Action Wheel", the user can choose to delete an already existing Expense only if the Status of the Expense to be Not-Set or To invoice.
If the Expense Status is Invoiced, the deletion of the Expense cannot be done because it's considered closed.
Expenses in an Invoice
Expenses appear in an Invoice when in the Invoice form, the Client Account is added and the Related Case is linked, the system will fetch the related Expenses on the Case. For more information, visit the Invoices page.
Back to Top
Search for an Expense
You have 2 methods of search: Quick Search, Advanced Search and Universal Search:
- In Quick Search, from within the Expenses grid, you can type the any string from the Comment on the Expense and hit Enter from your keyboard to generate your search results. Search can also be based on the email, phone number, mobile number, Related Company and more.
- Using Advanced Search, you can run your search on a specific field from the Expense form. You'll have the possibility also to modify the operator of search for each field (i.e. equal, begins with, contains, >, <, and more). The Advanced Search menu is hidden by default; you need to click on the link Advanced Search from the Expenses grid to view it.
Export to Excel
The Expenses grid can be exported to an excel sheet at any moment via the Export button. Also, search results can be exported to an excel sheet separately.
This page has no comments.