- How to access it?
- Add Bill
- View/Edit Bill
- Manage Related Documents
- Payment Made
- Record Payment
- Bulk Payment
- Bill Statuses
- Search for a Bill
- Export to Excel
How to access it?
From the main menu of the Money module, go to Bills.
There are two ways to add a Bill:
- From the grid directly using the Actions button-> Add Bill.
- From the main menu of Money-> Bills drop-down list-> Add Bill.
The Bill form has many important fields such as:
- Supplier: Supplier Account concerned with the Bill
- Supplier Bill#
- Exchange Rate: Exchange Rates are defaulted in the Money Settings. Visit the Money Settings page for more info. Also Exchange Rates can be edited at the level of the Bill. Exchange Rates will be used only in case the Supplier Account's currency is different than that of the Entity.
- Bill Date: Issuing Date of the Bill
- Due Date: The Date that if passed, the Bill Status will be Overdue. The Due Date is always greater than the Bill Date.
- Related Matter
- Expense Account(s): The Expense Account(s) that is/are affected by this Bill.
- Price: Total price is the multiplication of the Unit Price by the quantity.
- Upload Document: Any attachment related to the Bill such as a scan of the Bill itself or similar. The Attachment can then be tracked in the Related Documents tab of the Bill.
- Hide/Unhide Tax: Values are defaulted in the Money Settings. Visit the Money Settings page for more info. Taxes can be hid or unhid as a Default setting in the Money Setting and also it can be managed at the level of the Bill if needed.
After adding a new Bill, under the Related Supplier Account the user can witness the Balance of this Supplier and how it varies accordingly.
In the "Action Wheel" on the Bill on the grid, choose view/edit or by clicking on the Bill Date.
In the edit form, the user can update the data of the Bill.
Manage Related Documents
Once the Bill is added, uploaded documents are managed in the Related Documents tab.
Also Documents can be managed at any time.
Back to Top
From "Action wheel" also, choose Payment Made.
Also from the Bill edit form go to the Payment Made tab.
Payments made on the Bill can be edited only if the Bill is not yet fully paid. Other actions are also possible such as Print and Delete.
The Print redirects the user to the Print of the Payment Voucher of this Bill.
Back to Top
From "Action Wheel" beside Bill, the user may Record the Payment.
or from the Bill edit form go to the Payment Made tab and click on Actions-> Record Payment.
The Record payment form has been many important fields such as:
- Paid On
- Payment Method
- Paid Through Account
- Reference #
- Attachment: such as if the payment was given by Check, the Check can be scanned and attached to the Payment. The Attachment can then be tracked in the Related Documents tab of the Bill.
- Bill section: It gives us an idea about the Balance Due if any
- Exchange rate section: Exchange Rates are defaulted in the Money Settings. Visit the Money Settings page for more info. Also Exchange Rates can be edited at the level of the Bill Payment.
The user has the option to fulfill the Payment Partially or Completely. This will be reflected in the Bill Status on the grid.
Bulk Payment is used when the user wants to buy many Bills for the same Supplier all at once in the same Payment. It is accessed from the Bills grid via the Tools button-> Bulk Payment.
Once the Bulk Payment is chosen, the system will prompt the user to insert the Supplier Account.
The system can fetch and pay up to 50 Bills as a maximum. Once the Supplier is chosen, the list of unpaid or partially paid Bills related to this Supplier Account are displayed.
Using the check boxes next to every Bill, the user can select/unselect the Bill that is included in the payment. Once the selection is done, choose Next.
The system will redirect the user to the same Payment form. The Payment made here will impact all the concerned Bills. Any Attachment added at the level of the Bulk Payment can be tracked in the Related Documents tab of the Bill.
If the Amount paid is still less than the required Amount, some Bills will be partially paid or unpaid accordingly.
- Open: Bill is Open. No payments are yet recorded. The Bill Due Date is greater than today's date.
- Paid: Bill is fully paid.
- Partially Paid: Bill is partially paid. The Bill Due Date is greater than today's date.
- Overdue: The Bill Due Date is less than today's date. The Bill could be Open or Partially Paid.
Search for a Bill
Using Advanced Search, you can run your search on a specific field from the Bill form. You'll have the possibility also to modify the operator of search for each field (i.e. equal, begins with, contains, >, <, and more). The Advanced Search menu is hidden by default; you need to click on the link Advanced Search from the Bills grid to view it.
Export to Excel
The Bills grid can be exported to an excel sheet at any moment via the Export Bottom on the grid-> Export to Excel. Also, search results can be exported to an excel sheet separately
This page has no comments.